Release Notes: Yadle Albert Release
Release Date: June 29th, 2019
Yadle’s mission is to help companies and users improve their work with INTELLIGENCE.
The Yadle ALBERT release is in honor of a famous genius.
The Yadle Albert release is focused on usability and performance. In regard to usability, we’ve made major enhancements to generated thumbnails and searchable tags. Rearchitecting Yadle to adopt a microservices software model has resulted in massive performance improvements and flexibility.
- Scrubbable 3D Thumbnails.
- Scrubbable Image Sequences.
- File Extension Tags. (e.g. #jpg #r3d #png #mp4)
- 3D assets metadata.
- Scrubbable R3D video thumbnails.
- 300 VFX specific AI classes added for a total of 1300 AI classes.
- Customizable File Action Menu for Nuke and Maya Plugins.
- Overall Performance Improvements
- Microservices architecture to support higher performance and customer scaling.
- Improved security via new algorithm for application ID and tokens.
- Admin user can now re-invite users (resend invite email) to users who have not confirmed account.
- SaaS & self-hosted deployments now possible using a single port (443), removing the need for potential firewall changes at customer sites.
- API V2 released, includes new thumbnail & metadata methods.
- Updated email daemon to improve performance & logging of all email traffic.
- Nuke Plugin – improved search result load time by using smaller proxy if available.
- Adobe CC Extension – allow panel to be resized.
- Maya Plugin – clicking on thumbnail in search results opens the file. Same action as Open button.
- Nuke Plugin – clicking on thumbnail in search results opens the file. Same action as Open button.
- Nuke and Maya Plugins now support network installation.
- Desktop app – user plugin support added. Users can now extend action menu on a local level.
- Added new filetype icons for: .key, .txt, .aep, .aepx, .rvt, .idml, .xd, .bphys, .hrox, .nk, . luac, .lst, .txt, .xmp
- Thumbnails for .svg, .thm, .cos, .hdr files.
- Added scrubbable video thumbnails for .MXF files.
- Proper generation of .DNG thumbnails.
- Added filetype icons for non-visual files.
- New default icons for the following file extensions:.3ds, .3fr, . 7z, .aac, .aax, .abc, .abf, .afm, .aiff, .arc, .arj,.ass, .au, .aup, .azw, .bdf, .bin, .blend, .box, .cab, .cdlx, .css,.dd, .deb, .dmg, .doc, .docb, .docm, .docx, .dot, .dotm, .dotx, .dws, .dwt, .epub, .exe, .flac, .fnt, .fon, .frm, .gzip, .htm,.html, .ini, .iso, .jar, .java, .lbi, .lit, .lua, .m4a, .m4b, .m4p,.mgf, .mobi, .mp3, .myd, .myi, .net, .ocf, .oga, .ogg, .opus, .otf, .ova, .ovf, .php, .pkf, .pl, .pm, .pot, .potm, .potx, .ppam, .pps, .ppsm, .ppsx, .ppt, .pptm, .pptx, .ps, .pxd, .pxi, .py, .py3, .pyc, .pyd, .pyi, .pyo, .pyw, .pywz, .pyx, .pyz, .r, .ra, .rar, .rib, .rm,.rvt, .sh, .sit, .skp, .sldm, .sldx, .ssi, .ste, .tar, .tgz, .ttf,.usd, .usdz, .vmdk, .vmx, .vmxf, .wav, .wma, .xcf, .xlm, .xls, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xlt,.xltx, .zip, .zoo
- Support for user-generated thumbs in API.
- Support for user-generated thumbs in API.
- 3D thumbnails supported.
- Image sequence thumbnails.
- New filetype icons: .cfa, .dat, .data, .jsxinc, .mcvideoindex, .mpgindex, .pek, .prproj, .tmp
- Added metadata display: “Last Access/scan date”.
- Support for mixed ISO & UTF-8 metadata.
- Extended metadata for 3D mesh formats.
- New application filters – limit search results to those file types that can be used by specific applications: !3dsmax !autocad !revit !sketchup !aftereffects !animate !audacity !blender !houdini !incopy !indesign !illustrator !maya !nuke !photoshop !premiere !renderman !vlc.
- Added creation of /yadle directory on agent installer, simplifying installation. Customers are to mount all indexable volumes under /yadle.
- Indexing status updates are now done per file.
- File counts now updated frequently in Web and Desktop app.
- Data size now updated frequently in Web and Desktop app.
- Fix issue with leading whitespace in multiple tags when bulk tagging.
- Fixed issue with some new files not being added to existing File Channel.
- File Channels with multiple paths defined no longer appear multiple times in pulldowns.
- Fixed issue when processing consecutive very large files which allowed multiple copies of same indexer to run concurrently.
- Fixed issue with some files missing in a new File Channel.
- Fixed issue with empty searches hanging browser page.
- Nuke Plugin – fixed bug loading geometry files.
- Adobe CC Extension – Fixed network mapping issue in.
- Fixed issue with missing thumbnails on files with special characters (“*”, “?”, “@”, etc.) in filename.
- Fixed issue with !age and !size not properly filtering search results.
- Improved handling of interrupted indexing.
- Deleted files that are restored are no longer marked as deleted.