Release Notes » Yadle 21.12 (Hopper) Release
Release Date: December 31st, 2021
The Yadle Hopper release is focused on performance and ease-of-use.
- Search Filters in Web and Desktop App
- Increased File Scanning Throughput
- Microservices Performance Boost
- Metadata Normalization
- Naming convention changed from “index” to “scan”. For example, Indexing Paths are now referred to as Scan Paths.
- Filter results by specific cloud platform source using property search terms (eg. !googledrive !onedrive !box !dropbox).
- Search filters added to the web and desktop app.
- Customize which cloud services can be made available to users.
- Individual file actions (eg. “Get”, “Send Email”, “Open”, “Browse”) can be disabled for an entire organization.
- Bulk drag & drop support.
- Filetype icons added for .mocha & .csv files.
- Implemented waiting page prior to allowing user login if backend servers are still starting up.
- Confirmation message when a user leaves a File Channel.
- User email address is displayed on Users page even if they have not yet activated their account.
- User is prompted with an error message if attempting to search without selecting at least one File Channel.
- Standard desktop app for all organizations. Users now enter the webapp url (which is saved) along with email and password.
- Scanning Activity Insight shows device and nickname (if any).
- Normalized metadata for images & video file types.
- Click outside search filters to close.
- Search property !icon added to find files with a filetype icon.
- Search property !thumbnail added to find files with a small thumbnail.
- Search property !thumbnail_medium added to find files with a medium thumbnail.
- Support for scanning Qumulo clusters with specific agent that uses Qumulo API.
- Set number of parallel agent processes for scans using YADLE_SCANNERS environment variable.
- Cloud services page now available to non-admin users allowing regular users to ability to set up scans and FCs for their own cloud services.
- Implemented utility for doing rule based tagging.
- Document thumbnails are no longer clipped off at the bottom.
- Thumbnails displayed in carousel mode are no longer stretched.
- Displaying thumbnails when performing searches is turned on by default.
- Linux AppImage Desktop App correctly passes path value when using native file explorer to add paths to a File channel.
- File Channel paths that were displaying twice now only appear once.
- File DNA does not disappear when clicking on referenced duplicates on the File Information page.
- Removed empty option from “Results Display” dropdown menu.
- OneDrive logo loads successfully for cloud files.
- Missing duplicates icon from quick look items.
- Correct path is copied when clicking on clipboard icon for cloud files.
- Agent installer creates required local _users and _replicator databases.
- Selecting ‘force’ for cloud scans correctly updates device document in database.
- Shifted position of Yadle search bar to utilize more space for results.
- Users added to a ‘Group’ File Channel will automatically be following that File Channel.
- When using the desktop app, files can be opened even if the scan path that scanned them is disabled. This does require valid network path mapping to be configured.
- Admin designated users are able to view and access the Admin section of the menu.
- Associated File Channel name now displays for every file in search results.
- Remove additional trailing “/“ from servers data root path.
- Files with high number of duplicates no longer block API server.
- Missing File Channel name when adding more than one path.
- Default installation location on macOS changed to /Applications/yadle so that microservice log files are viewable on macOS host.
- Skip checking of data paths when updating microservices on macOS.
- Resolved database document conflicts (401 errors) on logout.
- Support for thumbnailing ‘deep’ OpenEXR scalene images.
- Scrubbable thumbnails for EXR sequences containing alpha channel correctly generated.
- Normalized metadata fields with null values handled properly.
- Agent microservices will properly handle files with duplicates and where one or more of the duplicates have been deleted.
- Turned off browser autocomplete in search box.
- Yadle plugin now supports Nuke v13.
- Images correctly display in new user activation email.